Pages

Wednesday, August 15

Boxes, dust, sweat, tears, blood. Ok, maybe no blood but definitely the first 3. Friday I leave for Charleston, and when I arrive home in a month for my first visit my family will be in a new home. This means that in addition to packing all of my belongings for college I have to pack everything else I own. Besides the physical toll of this task, the mental toll is greater. In addition to the traditional mourning process involved in leaving your family, I'm having to go through 18 years of memories, and place them into boxes. Old memories come up (usually the ones that are hidden beneath layers of cards, photos, and dried flowers), and new memories are about to be made. Only the Lord knows whether those new memories will be happy or a test of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!