Pages

Sunday, March 17

CPAC and Smithsonian

My parents and I and some school folks enjoyed an inspiring weekend at CPAC. Personally, I saw Newt Gingrich, Scott Walker, Phyllis Schlafly, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Ann Coulter, Ted Cruz, Kate Obenshain, Wayne LaPierre, Rick Santorum, Eric Cantor, Reince Priebus, Ben Carson, Mitt Romney, Nikki Haley, Bobby Jindal, Dinesh D'Souza and Allen West. I also saw several great panels about our alarmist culture, business under Obama, 10 conservatives under 40, an autopsy of the election, and a panel of female bloggers/commentators. Joe Biden took the brunt of most jokes. Rand Paul won the straw poll. The crowd was about 40% people under 25. It was at the Gaylord Hotel this year where it will be for the next 4 years. Saturday the Maggie Walker Young Republicans came and for many of them it was their first CPAC. It's hard to believe that 2013 is my third CPAC! On Sunday we went to the Smithsonian Museum of American History, Museum of Natural History, and Museum of Art and Portraiture. Blown away! Can't wait to come back!!!

Grace and I after Ted Cruz spoke.

My favorite speaker, of course, Ann Coulter.

The stay at home daughter's icon, Phyllis Schlafly.

Ben Carson, my new favorite guy.

Sarah Palin

Some of the younger CPACers from Maggie Walker. I told them "look smart" and this is what they did. I love how Nathaniel (4th from left) didn't move. 

Newt, who was introduced by wife Callista. Mom even got me Callista's children's book autographed.

Mitt Romney's 'farewell' speech.

Dad and I after a loooooong day.

Outside of the Museum of American History.

Mom getting her book signed from Newt and Callista.

Giving my best Bill Clinton finger wag at the Presidency Exhibit.

Fearing for my life.

Fearing for my life again.



1 comment:

  1. We had a fabulous weekend!! CPAC is so educational and of course the Smithsonian is too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!