Pages

Thursday, July 11

3 L's of Modesty


People often debate the specifications of modesty... mid-thigh? below the knee? tank tops? fitted dress?

Where do we draw the line?

In addition to modesty of spirit, I try to follow the 3 L's of Modesty which are long, loose, and layered. Skipping just one of the 3 L's of Modesty can result in an immodesty outfit (assuming modesty of spirit). For instance, we see outfits cross the fashion runway which meet 2 of the 3 L's of Modesty...

Loose, layered, NOT long


Still, the 3 L's of modesty are met, but modesty still isn't there. That's why the 3 L's are only guidelines.

long, loose, AND layered but still not modest


5 comments:

  1. I love the 3L's of Modesty! I can keep this in mind whenever I go shopping, thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome modesty rules! I would love for you to join my modest fashion pinterest board. Please let me know if you would like to be added. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, Cameron! Great way to make it memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!