If you live in a mild climate like Virginia, learning how to transition outfits seasonally is a big money saver. In this post, I'll give tips on keeping 80% of your wardrobe year round. Essentially, there are 5 main ways to transition your wardrobe. Investing in these 5 things can really save you in the long run.
5 Tips for Transitioning Outfits Seasonally
- Buy neutral jackets in navy/denim, brown, and black ($18 at Goodwill).
- Extra layers look 'warmer'. Deborah and Company has a great layering shell. ($15)
- Neutral colored tights look wintry and keep you warm. I have pairs in grey, black, and brown.
- Most stores have them for $5 a pair.
- A pair of neutral colored boots are your best investment! ($30)
- Black or brown Keds can be worn during summer and winter. ($15)
- Bring back hats! They're all over the stores and can be found for around $15-20.
- A few dark colored scarves add layers and keep you warm. ($20)
- Wide belts in black or brown define the waist. ($10)
- Dark colored head bands or clips.
Total Cost = $138
Average woman's annual clothing expenditures = $960
Total savings (assuming 80% clothing reuse) = $630
Thanks to Allison Veronica Photography in Richmond, VA.