Pages

Sunday, April 6

Recent Reads #2

The Diaper Free Baby is a book about elimination communication. If you haven't heard of it, I would encourage you to do some research on it. Shoshana Pearl Easling from No Greater Joy was the first time I heard it mentioned. This book covers elimination from philosophy to logistics. An interesting read for any current or future parent.


Christian Modesty and the Public Undressing of America is a short book by Jeff Pollard. It addresses modesty and swimsuits in a direct way and covers some apologetics points on modesty that I'd never thought of before. We enjoyed Jeff Pollard speak at the Vision Forum conference last summer.


Also a shorter book, R.C. Sproul makes an excellent case for Christian homeschooling. Not only does he explain why but how. Highly recommend this for Christians in all stages of homeschooling.


The Self Sufficient Life and How to Live It is a fun (albeit hefty) reference book by John Seymour. I was particularly impressed with the range and depth of topics from fruit trees, to wind power, to raising grains. 


This is the best book I've read in years! A mix of true crime, sociology, criminal justice, and memoir, I couldn't put this book down. After seeing the panel on criminal justice reform at CPAC 2014 in February, I checked out some books from the library. "Don't Shoot: One Man, a Street Fellowship, and the End of Inner City Violence in America" was AWESOME!




1 comment:

  1. These books seem very interesting they definitely caught my attention - I didn't know that you could naturally potty/toilet train a baby :O thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!