Pages

Thursday, May 15

Recent Reads #3

Anything by Ann Coulter is hilariously funny- for politically mature audiences only! The Glass Castle is a depressingly funny, yet award-winning collection of childhood stories about author Jeanette Walls' "white trash" upbringing. 


These 2 books were given to me by a mentor at church and they exceeded expectations. A mix of memoir, humor, and child-training hints I wish Rachel had made her books longer.


Stumbling Along the Beat is a memoir of police woman Stacy Dittrich's years in the male dominated profession. I personally believe God gives the role of protectors of our society to men, however the book was interesting nonetheless. 




A GREAT BOOK! Pioneer of conservative Christian sustainable farming, Joel Salatin brings both humor, agricultural theology, and practical tips.



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you shared this with us because just last night I spent quite awhile staring at my bookshelf, trying to decide what to read (more like re-read). I got a lot of ideas, and most of these are on my "To-Read" list now. Thank you again!
    ~Rebekah
    http://livelylaughter.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!